Thursday, October 11, 2012

Going Away For Two Weeks


I'm Going Away For Awhile ...
I am writing this post to let you know that I will be away for most of the next two weeks.  Rachel and I will be joining some friends from Australia to visit a few places on the neighboring island.

Among the places we will visit are some very poor areas, including one where people live under a bridge, as well as a slum areas along a river.  This should be an eye-opening experience for my seven-year-old. Who am I kidding? It will no doubt be an eye-opening experience for me as well.

Please pray for us while we are gone. Pray for health, safety, for the hearts of the group going there to be moved with the love of Jesus, and for the people we visit to see His love in us.

... But the Blog Isn't
In the meantime, I'm not letting this blog just sit idle for two weeks.  I've scheduled six posts to go out automatically while I am gone. When I am home, I publish a post and right away post it to Facebook and Twitter. I'm not sure if I can do that while I am gone as I may or may not have an internet connection. So, if you have been following this blog and clicking the links in Facebook to get here, you might not find links very often. You can always go straight to www.juliemusings.blogspot.com to read the posts.

Here is what I have planned:
  1. Saturday, October 13 - One final post about the free promotion for my ebook, From Captive to Conqueror which will run on Amazon from October 13-14. This post is not just an advertisement. It tells more of my own story behind the book. I hope you'll check it out.
  2. Monday, October 15 - Part One of a short allegory I wrote as God was taking me through the process of setting me free and teaching me to be an conqueror. The allegory is called "The Dump". In it, we meet Andrew, a young man trying to fill the emptiness inside him with things from the local garbage dump.
  3. Thursday, October 18 - In "The Dump - Part Two", Andrew receives a very special invitation. But will shame keep him from accepting it?
  4. Saturday, October 20 - In "The Dump - Part Three", Andrew finds fullness for the first time.
  5. Tuesday, October 23 - In "The Dump - Part Four", will Andrew be drawn back in by his old habits?
  6. Friday. October 26 - In "The Dump - Part Five", we will see how everything ends for our friend Andrew.
  7. Monday, October 29 - I will be back home by then, ready to share a few posts about the trip.
I hope you will join me for these posts. If you leave comments (and I would love it if you do), I'll respond after I return.

In the meantime, may God bless each of you and keep you close to His heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on this post? I would love to hear from you.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog