Sunday, September 2, 2012

Learning Lessons on the Playground


Over the last few weeks, I have been paying a bit more attention to my friends on Facebook. Some of these friends are ones I met as an adult. Others are ones I went to school with as an elementary school child.  I attended Adams Elementary School in Findlay, Ohio.  That school building still exists, but is no longer used as it was when I was a kid.
Such memories I have all wrapped up in that brick school building. Some of them good. Some of them not-so-good. We all have a few of those, I am sure. I got to thinking that we can learn some good lessons from things we experienced, and activities we participated in while we were young.
Seriously now, we can learn important spiritual lessons by watching ants (Proverbs 6:6), or by observing birds and lilies of the field (Matthew 6:28). Why can’t we draw wisdom for our hearts and souls from the games we played on the playground in our childhood years?
Now let’s get this straight. I did not come up with these lessons while I was in third grade. I only got to thinking about them this week. I hope you will join me for the next seven days, as we explore some of the lessons we can learn on the playground.  Here are a few that you can expect to find.
Catch you tomorrow on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on this post? I would love to hear from you.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog