Saturday, April 5, 2014

Let's Get Technical

I note with a bit of dismay that it has been nearly two weeks since my last post. Way too long. As it is already nearly 11:30 at night, I am going to take the wimpy way out and dive back into my collection of "Rachel Stories" that I have shared in my newsletters over the years. I hope you'll excuse me. I'll be back later this week with something more recent...I promise.

This story was shared first in my newsletter dated July 23, 2008. Rachel was a couple months short of three years old at the time.

*********************


No, this isn't Rachel, as anyone who 
knows Rachel can tell.. 
No camera that day. 
The image was found here.
Something funny happened while Rachel and I were at a friend’s home for a meal.  We were eating pizza, and Rachel had gotten some pizza sauce on her fingers.  I caught her just as she was about to wipe her fingers on her shirt.  

“No Rachel.  Don’t wipe your fingers on your shirt,” I said, and then turned to look for a table napkin to clean her hands with.   

As I did this, my friends saw something I did not see.  Rachel looked at her hands, then at her shirt, and then over at me.  With a mischievous glint in her eye, she proceeded to wipe her fingers…on MY shirt.  (Needless to say, it was a bit hard not to laugh, even though we all knew we shouldn’t.)  

Let’s get technical, shall we?  Rachel technically obeyed me,  but side-stepped my intention. 

Don’t we do that sometimes, too, to one extent or another?  Perhaps we pay attention to the “DO NOT’s”, but still try to find ways around them to do everything but the thing that was forbidden.  That way, we feel that technically we are off the hook, even though deep in our heart, we know that the “everything but” falls short of God’s best for us.  

Let’s not do that.  No need to get technical with our Father.  He has the best plans for us, and if we follow the spirit of what He tells us to do, we can stay in touch with His plan.

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. John 14:15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on this post? I would love to hear from you.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog