Wednesday, February 5, 2014

In Everything Give Thanks

After so many days and weeks of cold weather and snow, it seems that only the die-hard snow-lovers aren't feeling the urge to whinge and complain a bit about the colder-than usual winter. Pretty much everyone has expressed a longing for spring.

Today, school was cancelled again. I wasn't scheduled to work. With a Level 3 snow emergency declared for our area, Rachel and I stayed home. We slept in, had a late breakfast of French toast. We basically had a lazy day, although I did get some work done toward putting together a press kit to promote my books.

After supper, we watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy...two of Rachel's favorite shows. After that, we watched a couple episodes of The Waltons. Rachel complained about her skin being dry and itchy, so I told her to go get some lotion. She did that and took care of herself. Then she knelt down by my feet and started giving me a really nice foot massage. Let me tell you, that little girl is good at it, too! I hadn't asked her to do that. I hadn't hinted at it. It was all her own idea.

When she finished, she curled up in my lap and we cuddled for a while. Over and over, I thought about how very blessed I am to have her in my life. Often, things are busy enough that I don't have...or take...the time to slow down and just enjoy her. 

As I prepare to sleep tonight, I find myself thankful for a snow day and a Level 3 snow emergency that kept us home. Even in the midst of a long winter, I am thankful for the warmth of my little family.  
In everything give thanks...
1 Thessalonians 5:18a

2 comments:

  1. We had a snow day as well on the West Coast. Turned on some fun music and cleaned the house with the girls. I know my wife will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the three of you want to come and do my house?

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts on this post? I would love to hear from you.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog