Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Let Us Go With You"

Early last month, I had to make a trip to Singapore. I got out my smallest suitcase and began packing.  Rachel removed the things I had already put in and climbed into the suitcase herself. 

"Mommy, let me go with you," she said. "When can I ever go to Singapore?" Needless to say, Rachel knows she cannot possibly pack herself in my suitcase and go along. She just wanted to be with her Mom.

Her words, though, remind me of a verse in Zechariah that leapt off the page at me a number of years ago.
In those days ten men from all the nations will grasp the garment of a Jew, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.  (Zechariah 8:23b NASB)

This verse comes near the end of a chapter where God describes how He is going to restore the remnant of His people. When that happens, it would be a witness to those around them of how great and powerful and good God is. When others saw that restoration...when others saw the change...they would want to experience it for themselves.

I am so glad that God is still and always in the business of restoring hearts that have been broken. He delights in renewing battered lives. He longs to refresh souls that have been shriveling for lack of love. 

I want to live in such a way that when people see God at work in me, they will want to know Him. When they see miraculous restoration in our lives. they will want to know what...or Who ... made the difference. They may not use these exact words, but the meaning will still be the same.

Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you. (Zechariah 8:23b)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on this post? I would love to hear from you.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog